Top 5 Self-Care Practices YOU NEED in 2023!
1. GET THE SLEEP YOU NEED- Research suggests not getting enough shut eye can negatively impact your mood; causing you to feel low, more anxious and have trouble thinking clearly. Establish good sleep hygiene by banishing electronics from the bedroom, Increasing your magnesium intake by bathing in a salt bath or applying a magnesium or using a sleep spray or aromatherapy candle before bed. Try our sleep range for natural products that have been specially designed to calm and aid your sleep.
2. LEARN TO BREATHE- It might seem like a silly self-care step, but learning to breathe properly can help with emotion control and stress reduction. Take a few minutes every day to practice your breathing;
- 1 Take deep breaths and avoid shallow chest breathing. ...
- 2 Remember to breathe with your diaphragm. ...
- 3 Inhale through your nose instead of your mouth. ...
- 4 Maintain good posture and keep your body relaxed. ...
- 5 Check in on your breathing throughout the day.
3. SIMPLIFY YOUR SKINCARE ROUTINE- Research suggests you are more likely to start (and stick to!) a skincare regime if it's simple, straight forward and doesn't take up too much of your time. Stick with the basics;
- 1. Remove makeup- Avoid using a make up wipe, they tend to be harsh on the skin and aren't actually very affective at removing makeup! Try an oil based or cream cleanser instead. We love using our cleansing oat grains (Willow) - It's a gorgeous powder to cream cleanser that will gently remove every scrap of makeup!
- 2. Cleanse- Again our Cleansing Oat Grains (Willow) will gently cleanse and exfoliate to nourish even the most sensitive skin!
- 3. Use sunblock (during the day)- We love The Ordinary
- 4. Moisturise- We love mixing our Organic Jojoba Face oil mixed in with Aveeno moisturiser.
That's it! Of course you can add more or less steps in if you like but we find if you're new to skincare, or find it hard to commit to daily, starting with the basics will really help.
4. Nourish your body- It's true what they say, you are what you eat. Nourishing your body from the inside out can have an amazing effect on your skin. Don't forget to also keep hydrated!
5. DO WHAT YOU LOVE!- What do you enjoy that helps you to feel relaxed? Make a list of these things and do one of them when you feel stressed out. This could include doing your favourite sport, reading, listening to music, crafting or singing.